Monday, July 6, 2009

Please Stop Talking About Sarah Palin

Could we please stop talking about Sarah Palin now? She's resigned and I don't really care why. I wish her well. She was in over her head from the get go and I for one don't care whether she is escaping an upcoming scandal, working on her book and negotiating a talk show with Fox News, or planning to stay home and cook moose stew for Todd. It doesn't matter. Let her be an ex governor and private citizen and for God's sake stop talking about her.

True, her resignation speech took everyone by surprise and was a bit odd--she rambled on with many sports analogies and seemed to be saying that by resigning she was not quitting but doing the right thing for Alaska-- huh? OK well, whatever. Personally, I think she is having a bit of a breakdown. But really, let's stop the rumor mill right now. We'll know eventually what the real story is. Until then, leave Sarah alone.

Meanwhile, TV pundits, how about turning your attention to, oh let's see, the President's ground breaking trip to Russia, the health care bill currently in congress, or even the Michael Jackson funeral.

Sarah Palin is old news. So stop talking about her, OK?

10 comments:

Susan said...

I'd love to say I agree, but since you and I both posted a blog on La Palin, I guess I have to plead guilty.
Of course I know you mean the media. Doesn't it feel like you can't even watch the news anymore?
I'm not rabidly interested in her reasons for quitting, it's more like a casual, "Huh - wonder what that was all about?" as I pour my morning coffee.
Then I turn my attention to things that matter.

LondonGirl said...

She's just such an easy target, it's tempting - shooting fish in a barrel.

JamaGenie said...

Not the MJ mourning fest! Nooooooooo! Times like this I'm so glad I don't have cable.

solargroupies said...

HaHa! Getting a kick out of this. Two words from me: I agree!

Anonymous said...

I feel you, but Palin is a political opportunist so she does still need to be watched.

Unknown said...

You have my rousing endorsement on this subject.

Bullies always pick weak targets.

JamaGenie said...

Well, I'd say Ms. Palin, the bully, is quite a weak target herself. Ten months under the media microscope is all she could take. Before that, nobody cared a rat's patootie about any guv of I'll-aska...

Unknown said...

Well I am lovin all these great comments thanks everyone and bye bye SArah

Anonymous said...

The problem with Palin is the supid people listen to her and think that she knows what she is saying. This country is turning into the third world and she is helping. Look even when the old senile man realized how bad she was that should say something!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.